Safety Officer – North Mara at CVPeople Tanzania
Post: Safety Officer – North Mara
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Mara, Tanzania | Posted on 05/06/2022
- Ensure that the site complies with the applicable National Occupation Health and Safety and Environmental Acts and local Bi-Laws.
- Ensure statutory compliance with respect to key plant equipment.
- Ensure work practices are safe and comply with legislation.
- Ensure all legal appointments are in place, reflect the requirements of our clients and any other legal requirement. Update should changes occur.
- Ensure that the COID Act is complied with.
- The Letter of good standing valid and available to all interested parties.
- Ensure that medicals are conducted on all staff to ensure they are fit to perform work.
- Ensure that personnel are trained to perform their tasks and are inducted on site Safety requirements.
- Ensure that there are no breaches of the OHS Act.
- Ensure that the site environmental and Safety Plans are applied and abided by.
- Health, Safety and Environmental system Maintenance of the Health,Safety and Environmental system.
- Completion of all relevant documents accurately and timeously.
- Ensure all Company and Client policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Baseline Risk Assessment
- Development and regularly review of the site baseline risk assessment
Issue based Risk Assessment
- Identify issue base risks for the site and perform team-based risk assessments thereof.
- Communication & Development Perform SHE related awareness sessions, Toolbox talks.
- Risk Management Carry out risk assessments and evaluate how risks could be reduced.
- Over-inspections on site staff risk assessments to ensure quality thereof and close any identified gaps.
- Involvement in all high-risk work activities to ensure compliance.
- Client management Keep abreast of all Client requirements.
- Respond timeously to Client request
- Safe working procedures
- Drafting and review of Safe Operating Procedures, making sure they are developed from an up-front risk assessment
- Regular site inspections are conducted to see those policies, procedures and the SHE systems are being properly implemented.
- Regular site inspections to identify any unsafe conditions or behavior.
- Have inspection target for all site staff and hold them to account.
- Statistics and SHE reports are accurately captured and reported weekly to the site and to SHE Manager.
- Liaison with client on site reference documentation standards.
- Ensure that a filing system is kept as per our minimum standards.
- Ensure that reporting to the client on site is accurate and correct.
- Ensure that all equipment and tool registers are kept up to date and checked.
Keeping records of inspection findings and action solutions.
Maintain an event register of incidents and accidents.
- Lead and direct all incident investigations, driving actions and outcomes through to final completion and closure.
- Perform ICAM and Root Cause Analysis.
- Correct reporting channels are followed on site as well as to Head Office Support functions.
- Investigations and associated reports are timeously completed.
- Follow up on corrective actions to be implemented.
- Liaise closely with clients throughout the accident investigations.
- Ensure there is an emergency preparedness procedure for the site.
- Conduct regular risk-based emergency preparedness drills, documenting findings and implementing improvements.
Site safety Audits
- Establish an internal and external audit plan.
- Conduct audits in line with procedures.
- Ensure site policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Identify needs for hygiene assessment and monitoring programmes.
- Develop, implement strategies to reduce exposure to communicable diseases and Hazardous biological agents
- Matric, Grade 12
- Relevant Samtrack / Nebosh Certificate
- +-3 years experience in SHE field.
- Diploma in SHEQ Management / International Nebosh diploma.
- ISO 9001.
- Risk Management.
- Train the trainer ( Facilitation ).
- Legal liability training.
- COIDA Management.
- Health and Safety legislation in the work place Trainin
- Incident / Accident investigation and emergency planning training.
- Applying SHE principles and procedures training.
- 3 years SHE experience in the construction / Operation and maintenance.
- Site supervision.
- Contractors Management Training.
Knowledge and Skills SHEQ Identification
- Identifying a Risk and Hazard and knowing potential controls.
SHEQ Management / Skills
- Review and comprehend legislation.
- Recognise potential hazards and quickly determine how to best solve observed problems.
- Monitor the work Environment.
- Administer all legal files and documents.
- Good judgement and make timely decisions.
- Accurately analyse quality and adherence of the SHEQ system.
- Expertise in maintaining all safety measures and norms effectively.
- Use effective strategies to minimize risks.
- Communication Skills to all levels of the work force.
- Contractor management.