The Education Officer is responsible for coordination and implementation of the Education projects.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure that education department has up to date, accurate data and analyse such data appropriately to the needs of the department
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Implement delegated education project portfolio according to plan of action (according strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements)
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by supervisor
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Coordinate with relevant partners within the Education sector and represent NRC at camp relevant meetings.
- Supervise the Education Assistants ensure they prepare and follow weekly and monthly work plans.
- Implement delegated Education project portfolio according to plan of action (according to strategy, proposals, budgets, plans and donor requirements)
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Support the implementation of NRC’s Education programme policy through working with programme management.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly, quarterly and annual operational plans and reports of education activities
- Develop plans for improved education activities on the basis of previous evaluations
- Use the collected data effectively to continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of all educational activities
- Ensure that procurement and distribution of sanitary kits, hygiene and play materials and equipment for the pupils are timely and according to procedures
- Takes lead in conducting teacher training and continuous gap teacher training identification and analysis.
- To undertake any additional duties determined by the Education Coordinator, Education Manager or Area Manager.
- Degree in Education or higher diploma with experience of working in Education sector.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of education projects for at least 3 years mostly in humanitarian assistance.
- Ability to initiate, develop, plan and implement an integrated programme.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience from working as an Education Officer/ equivalent with more field coordination roles in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
- At all times in and outside work adherence to NRC code of conduct
- Participate actively in supervisory and appraisal process
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups, PSN etc)
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into Education Programming.
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment Work with courtesy, sensitivity, tact and flexibility
- Maintain confidentiality at all times before more information use this link
Position: Education Officer
Duty station: Mtendeli
Duration & Type of Contract: 12 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 February, 2021