Transport Supervisor at Amref Health Africa
Post: Transport Supervisor
Amre Health Africa was founded in 1957 by three surgeons as the Flying Doctors of East Africa.
Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancy:
Position : Transport Supervisor (1)
Job Location : Dares Salaam
Report to : Administration Manager
The position of Transport Supervisor is responsible to provide supervising drivers performance, allocating driver assignments, ensuring compliance with safety standards, and maintaining all vehicles in top working order, to enhance accomplishment of the daily planned projects activities. He/she will manage databases that detail transport activities and all relates with fleet including generators. It also includes keeping safely the vehicle’s tools and assisting in identifying any vehicle mechanical fault and services and reporting any discrepancies noted to Administration Manager or field office leads. He/she will be the in charge of all fleets and providing oversight on transport policy and procedures for organization.
Key Duties/Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
Recovery and budget Management
- Initiate cost efficiency measures in transportation operations.
- Monitor the transportation budget to ensure funds are properly utilized and implement organizational objectives as dictated by management
- Create, implement, and revise an annual budget for transportation department expenditures
- Make sure vehicles are well allocated to meet recovery goals
Management of vehicles and generator
- Supervise daily tasks include supervising driver’s performance and allocating driver assignments based on workloads, schedule, tasks and other related functions.
- Ensure implementation day-to-day activities of transportation
- Manage databases that detail transport activities
- Training drivers on policies and procedures and sharing information about new laws or technological advances.
- Coordinate hiring vehicles for projects activities.
- Supervise and evaluate all transportation Fleet management systems of the Amref
- Ensuring compliance with safety standards and maintaining all vehicles in top working order.
- Supervise and ensure drivers are complying with transport policy, time for parking, speed limit, proper recording of logbooks, allocation of fuel,
- Supervise timely maintenance of generators and vehicles
- Ensure that standards consistent with all applicable laws and regulations are maintained
- Respond to and investigate accidents involving Amref vehicles
- Manage compliance of all safety regulations governing staff and stake holder’s transportation.
Management of fuels and maintenance
- Determine the appropriateness of vehicle service requests and authorize work to be completed.
- Timely deposit into total cards system and make sure the Total cards has balance all the time.
- Coordinate timely repairs and maintenances of vehicles and generators and make sure the generators have fuels all the time and well maintained
- Participate in the development of time and cost estimates for major vehicle repairs
- Establish standards of maintenance and preventative maintenance for Amref vehicles.
- Maintain all necessary maintenance records for Amref vehicles
- Check driver logs and mileage sheets, also maintain end of the year mileage reports.
- Schedule and organize rental vehicles and charter busses in support of Amref activities.
- Investigate and effectively resolve driver conduct problems in the work place.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Preparation of his/her monthly Personal Activity Report-PAR
- Responding to any assignment given by his/her superiors
- Transport Supervisor Job Vacancy at Amref Health Africa
Qualifications & Experience:
Degree in transportation and logistics
- At least 5 years of experience as transport supervisor in a reputable Organization especially in International Organizations and Agencies(NGOs experience is highly preferred)
- Mechanical training VETA
- Must have attended Professional training from NIT
- A valid Class C Clean Driving License
- Ability to work with diverse groups including a variety of personality types
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience of working in a donor funded environment such as Global Fund & USAID/CDC
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Sensitivity in culturally diverse environments and should have a good understanding of Safeguarding issues at workplace.
- Highly organized analytical thinker with good oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks at once and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Well-mannered leaders, ably dealing with employees, management and customers to ensure maximum satisfaction from each.
- Build internal and external customer relationships.
- Problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in ICT and Office Management skills
- Analytical, strategic
- High Integrity/ethics, commitment, and respect for diversity
- Meeting deadlines and schedules
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names, and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS on May 30,2022. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
‘Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails, and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.