Laboratory Technician at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)
Post: Laboratory Technician (Dar and Mwanza)
Diageo / Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL)
Job Description :
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Tusker Lager, Tusker Lite, Serengeti Lite, Kibo Gold, The Kick, Uhuru Peak, and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
- Plan and acquire the requirements for the shift Manage the human resource including development Foster good occupational health and environment
- Maintain good working relation within the team and with other shifts
- Manage the assets and processes on shift basis
- Manage costs Facilitate problem solving processes
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives at shift level
- Foster smooth two-way effective communication
- Effect generation of reports and records
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Diploma and above, Preferably BSc. in Chemistry or Chemical and Process Engineering, Food Science and Technology or Biochemistry.
- Experience of above 2 years in Food Industries.