Teachers at Aga Khan Mzizima Secondary School
Job Post: Teachers
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T) is a private, not for profit, service company
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates three schools in Tanzania. The vision of AKES,T is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares students to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. AKES,T is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire the following positions based in Dar es Salaam:
Teacher – Business Management and Accounting, English Language with experience in IGCSE and IBDP Curricula at Aga Khan Mzizima Secondary School
The main role is to prepare students for the future by teaching problem solving skills, methods for critical thinking and basic concepts of the required subjects
- To demonstrate sound classroom practice and innovation
- To mark and assess work regularly and to take part in the department’s quality assurance procedures.
- To monitor student progress and set targets to ensure expected progress is achieved.
- To work as part of a team, attend regular meetings and provide a major input into departmental development.
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by your Head of School.
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college or university . A qualified teacher with relevant academic documentation and a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience.
- The main role of the teacher will be to maximize student learning and development through designing learning engagements that promote curiosity and love for learning.
- The homeroom teacher will assume roles beyond the classroom in striving to extend students’ learning.
- These roles include working collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the school community, and communicating with parents and caregivers.
- The teacher’s contribution to the school goes beyond teaching in the classroom.
- They participate in the development of the school policies and programs and assist in the implementation of school priorities including After School Activities.
- All classroom teachers may be required to undertake other duties in addition to their teaching duties.
- Designing learning experiences to meet student’s individual learner’s needs and to ensure student’s progression
- Using a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management
- Use flexible groupings and structured inquiry to deliver high quality lessons in line with the IBO philosophy
- Maintain a well-organized and stimulating learning environment
- Use learning technologies enhance learning
- Using information about prior attainment to set expectations for students
- Using a range of assessment and reporting methods that show student’s achievement in relation to learning outcomes
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregiver
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college or university . Minimum 2 years’ experience in (IB-PYP) practicing and practices
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a letter of application describing experience, along with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of education certificates (certified by TCU if studied out of Tanzania) and contact information of three confidential referees, including current Head of School or Line Manager. It should be addressed to HR – Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania and should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam. Please ensure you include an email address.
Closing date for applications: 25th July, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network