This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
19 Apr 2022
Nutrition Project Officer
Nutrition Project Officer
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We are working with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children seeks a Nutrition project Officer for a USAID-funded Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. The Nutrition project Officer will be responsible for monitoring, coordination, and technical implementation of Nutrition Assessment, Counselling and Support (NACS) activities in the target districts. The Nutrition Project Officer serve as a lead trainer, and lead technical advisor in the implementation of health facilities and community-based nutrition assessment, counselling and support throughout project implementation.
The Nutrition Project Officer will also work closely with the SC MEAL, HES, AGYW and Community mobilization officers to ensure progress is achieved towards NACS targets. The Nutrition officer will provide technical oversight and direct implementation in project site related to Nutrition. She /he will be responsible in integrating Nutrition in the Furaha package, CBIM package, IMPOWER package and participating in supportive supervision and mentorships. S/he will establish and maintain close and effective liaison with government partners at LGAs and communities to facilitate flow of information, reports and updates including staying abreast of current trends including participation in relevant nutrition working groups and policy foras at regional and district level.
Contract Duration: 1 year
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: HES and Food security Coordinator
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Support the implementation of household economic strengthening (HES) technical capacity assessments in the area of implementation and design strategies to improve well-being outcomes for children and Adolescents.
- Work in collaboration with other stakeholders to integrate nutrition in to Furaha package, CBIM package and IMPOWER package
- Engage community-based groups such as community home-based care and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) groups to integrate nutritional assessment, counselling and support interventions.
- Draft monthly and quarterly activity reports on nutrition related activities
- Establish and maintain solid collaboration with target relevant LGA departments and staff during planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of nutrition related activities at health facility and community level.
- Contribute to the development of effective and efficient referrals systems and tools between community-based NACS interventions and facility-based NACS services
- Provide support to village leadership and committees, community promoters/CHWs to ensure quick and sustainable uptake of improved nutrition behaviours
- Foster linkages between community-based NACS programs, livelihood and food security programs available in the district
- Contribute to the development of a health facility and Community NACS data base, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation tools
- Compile NACS monthly reports and contribute to the semi-annual and annual progress reports
- Provide timely and accurate written and verbal reporting.
- Contribute to project strategic planning and to well-written, focused project reports, annual implementation plans, success stories and other written products.
- Ensure high quality project implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Make regular field visits to monitor project quality and collect data.
- Collaborate with MEAL staff to ensure that collection and analysis of data is accurate, rigorous and incorporated into project implementation.
- Coordinate with AGYW, HES and Community Mobilization Project Officers in work planning development and implementation.
- Representation and Coordination
- Participate in Regional technical working groups, district relevant meetings and liaise with other project implementing organizations.
- Serve as a nutrition focal point for LGAs, community and other implementing stakeholders at Regional and district level
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human nutrition or Food science & Technology or Master’s Degree in Public Health and Human Nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant field experience with an international organization in nutrition programming /
- Strong technical grasp of nutrition and strategies to prevent chronic and acute malnutrition.
- Familiarity / experience with the start-up, management and implementation Nutrition Assessment Counselling and Support (NACS)
- Demonstrated success in providing hands-on training and technical assistance to Care/mother Groups/AGYW groups, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in project and time management.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English required.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with health facilities and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Significant knowledge of agriculture, food security, nutrition and Adolescent health issues in target project Regions of Tanzania.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations and independently.
- Familiarity and understanding of donor policies and procedures is a plus.
How to Apply
Please read the full details of the position at https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Application closing Date: 26th April 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process
Closing date: 26 Apr 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Location: Iringa, Tanzania, United Republic of
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract