Maintenance Controller at Coca-Cola Kwanza
Post: Maintenance Controller
Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania) Ltd
Coca-Cola Kwanza is a subsidiary of Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA). CCBA is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent.
Maintenance Controller Job Vacancy at Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania) Ltd
Closing Date 2022/06/03
Reference Number CCB220309-8
Job Title Maintenance Controller
Job Category Manufacturing
Company Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania)
Job Type Permanent
Location – Country Tanzania
Location – Province Not Applicable
Location – Town / City Dar es Salaam
Job Description Coca-Cola Kwanza Ltd has an exciting opportunity in Manufacturing Department. We are looking for a talented individual with the relevant skills and experience in Manufacturing for a Maintenance Controller position, which will based in Dar es Salaam. The successful candidate will report directly to the Manufacturing Unit Manager – Packaging.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Partake in the development of the asset care plan for the packaging plant, contributing suggestions and providing expert advice.
- Ensure that asset care competencies are developed in the Packaging Engineering team. Where training needs have been identified, ensure these are addressed.
- Ensure that asset care goals are incorporated into the MAS’s team and individual goals
- Support the implementation of the Predictive Maintenance Strategy, including the Condition Monitoring program
- Where required, participate in the OEM SPP (Supplier Partnering Programme) meetings
- Is accountable for the execution of the technical gap plan for the plant
- Ensure audit compliance to the asset care program
- Exercise budgetary controls over the asset care requirements e.g. spares
- Support the development of the maintenance budget for the plant
- Responsible for the reliability and uptime of Packaging
- Ensure the execution of maintenance / extended maintenance work
- Lead the Packaging Engineering team in the provision of asset care and engineering support to the shift-based production teams.
- Support packaging performance improvement by conducting and leading performance optimisation initiatives.
- Ensure that predictive maintenance techniques are implemented correctly.
- Ensure spares needed to support asset management program are available on time and within costs
- Ensure compliance to maintenance planning and execution of maintenance outage
- Ensure that Maintenance packages are updated and effective and that all Engineering changes are executed
- Confirms that spares and special tools are available
- Coordinate and control MAS’s availability for the maintenance day.
- Review plant reliability to ensure equipment is operating optimally and to identify problems or opportunities timeously.
- Ensure that Technical gaps are closed within budget
- Develop and control maintenance cost plans and CAPEX
- Evaluate impact of new plant and equipment and recommend changes.
- Have a working understanding of plant operation and associated Work Instructions and/or procedures.
- Analyse plant failure modes and investigate causes for repeat failures to identify and correct root causes.
- Take part in evaluating continuous improvement opportunities identified by the production teams or engineering support.
- Ensure that continuous improvement is built into the MAS’s team goals, and forms part of regular goal review sessions.
Team Leadership and Management
- Lead the MAS’s team in a manner that engenders ownership, empowerment and team interaction.
- Lead the development of MAS’s team goals and ensure these are communicated and understood by team members.
- Entrench a high-performance culture by conducting regular Packaging Engineering team goal review sessions, one-on-one’s and performance reviews.
- Ensure training need analysis are conducted and training plans developed for team members.
- Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure multi-skilling occurs within the Packaging (this includes evaluation of workmanship of teams)
- Manage Contracted-out maintenance services by ensuring that the service supplied is in strict accordance with supply scheme contract and that of service and product reliability, quality, cost and the service providers own employee behaviour is acceptable while on site.
Safety and Housekeeping
- Ensure that the team members apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks.
- Ensure adherence to the appropriate CCBA and legislative policies (such as OSHA) on safety and housekeeping.
- Ensure all statutory and mandatory checks are part of the asset care management system, are performed and all documentation completed and recorded.
- Ensure that health, safety and housekeeping receive appropriate focus through regular checks and audits, with appropriate monthly/quarterly meetings.
Where unsafe work practices have been identified, the Maintenance Controller is responsible for correcting this.
Skills, Experience & Education The incumbent should have at least an Engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical) and 5 years of experience in maintenance of packaging equipment. Previous production line management experience an added advantage; reasonable understanding of packaging materials; good understanding of Safety, Health and Environment which includes sustainable development; good analytical skills, and a demonstrated high level of integrity.
The deadline for submitting Applications is 3 June 2022.