Finance Manager at Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT)
Post: Finance Manager
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT)
Our finance manager is a senior-level accountant who leads the accounting
department. He or She is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the
company’s financial reporting, including preparing annual reports and assuring full compliance. The finance manager also guides management on
how best to use their resources to maximize profitability. This may include
recommending ways to cut costs or increase activities in the organisation.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that our world has to do more about the sustainability of the human race and the environment. In that case, we want to hear from you.
- Supervises activities of subordinates; assigns work and evaluates
- Plans directs organizes and schedules the activities of a specialized accounting function or several accounting areas.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of financial reports and
- Advises administrative management as to procedures concerning expenditures and other accounting practices.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of specialized or highly complex reports, statements, surveys, or analyses for management.
- Maintains accounting and budget records.
- Recommends management alternatives when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond the scope of responsibilities.
- Research, analyse, and use independent judgment in daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned functions.
- Maintain inventories of all office fixed assets, office equipment and supplies
and ensure that equipment and fixed assets are insured and properly
maintained and damages and losses are reported.
- Provides internal/external training, both orally and in writing, on accounting
systems, procedures, and practices.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and ensure appropriate coding/allocations.
- Coordinate project audits, including preparing financial reports and
submitting financial support documents.
- Provides technical advice and services to lower-level accountants or other staff with problems, complex issues, or special projects.
- Assist project staff in developing budgets for project activities and processing budget modification requests.
- Researches and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, theory, and practices.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and techniques.
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and applications, including main frame systems, personal computers, and general software applications.
- Preferably SAGE 300Advance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, competent IT skills, solid planning and organization skills, strong numerical skills and attention to detail, uphold integrity, team player and leader and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Bachelors in business commerce/Accounting/Finance or other related fields from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as CPA or ACCA. Four years of professional accounting experience in a senior position of a donor-funded organization; OR, eight years of professional accounting
experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education
from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- An application letter describing your motivation for the position
- Recommendation letter
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with three current contacts of reference
- Copies of relevant certificates, and transcripts
- Current and expected remuneration
Applications should be addressed to
Human Resource Manager
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT),
P.O Box 6369,
No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted
must apply via online application before 22nd January 2023.