Marketing and Sales Manager (MSM) at Business Online (T) Ltd
Post: Marketing and Sales Manager (MSM)
Dar es Salaam
Business Online (T) Ltd
From its initial humble beginnings, Business Online (T) Ltd has evolved into one of the preferred Human Resources consultancies in Tanzania.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Marketing and Sales Manager is responsible for planning and implementing marketing and sales strategies, programs and campaigns both short and long term, targeted toward existing and new markets. The MSM is expected to contribute a great deal to the effectiveness of the company in identifying products and markets, suggesting sales strategies and approaches, and in measuring the results of all of the efforts.
The MSM shall at all times act in accordance with Guavay Company Limited’s policies and
Key Duties and Responsibilities “General and Administrative”
- Works with the other top management in overall strategic planning of company
activities and goals.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Representing the company in a positive and professional manner, which promotes the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the organization.
- Participate in weekly, monthly and annual Guavay meetings.
- Communicate effectively with the CEO, Quality Manager and the production team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production, sales, and customer objectives are met.
- Reviewing worker performance, conduct training or authorize training of sales employees and Initiate hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload or for replacement of substandard employees.
- Being flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the CEO
Key Duties and Responsibilities “Marketing”
- Responsible for annually/monthly Hakika demand forecast and setting out marketing strategies to achieve targets.
- Works collaboratively with production department and quality and R & D department to execute Hakika organic fertilizer orders – fix respective dates for delivery and handle customers’ complaints.
- Organize demand creation activities (farmers meeting, farmer’s field day, demonstration plots) to promote Hakika brand awareness and trigger potential demand.
- Represent Guavay and Hakika Brand during trade fairs, exhibitions, farmers markets and conferences.
- Provide regular updates on market situation, including competitive landscape, food prices, and crop season (conduct regular visit in the supermarkets, Kariakoo market and upcountry markets)
- Carry out field trials, collect and document data, and make reports.
- Organize logistics and transportation for up country/regional and outskirt customers.
- Regular monitoring of company sales and distributors’ performances / Conduct regular visit to dealers to oversee and monitor sales and business in general, support give advice and collect sales.
- Identifying potential dealers and attract, establish and maintain relationship with agro-dealers, supermarkets and other potential distributors
- Responsible for Hakika Direct sales / Distribution and delivery
- Develop and maintain Sales pipeline and customers’ database.
- Setting sales target and marketing plan.
- Manage campaign on social media
- Constantly liaise Hakika brand value propositions and coherent benefits to customers and other external stakeholders.
- Forge Partnerships with different stakeholders in the agricultural industry.
- Brainstorm and develop new ideas to achieve more market share.
Key Duties and Responsibilities “Sales”
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards in relation with trends in the market.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Working closely with design agencies, production department and assisting with new product launches and good balancing between marketing and production department.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analyzing, targeting and initiating potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
Work station: Dar Es Salaam and frequent travelling
Previous working areas: agriculture trade, fertilizer, seeds, agri-commodities etc. Experience: 5 years + (entry senior level or early-senior level) with practical experience.
SUBMISSION: Interested candidate should send their CVs (ONLY) By email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th JULY 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.