Data Officer (23 Posts)
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s
Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society,community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Tabora Region Councils; Sikonge DC, Uyui DC,Urambo DC, Nzega DC, Kaliua DC, Igunga DC, Tabora MC together with Nkinga Hospital, Sikonge CDH and Kitete Regional Referral Hospitals invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts;
1. Job Title: Data Officer (23 Posts)
Location: Uyui DC, Urambo DC, Kaliua DC, Nzega
DC, Tabora MC,Igunga DC and Sikonge DC
Reports to: Facility in-charge
Job Summary: The Data Officer works with and supportsthe facility PITC focal person
to enter forms with a speed and accuracy that meets or exceeds the minimum standards set weekly by the group leader or data district coordinator of the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Entering quickly and accurately clinical visits, laboratory, tracking or other Care and
treatments data into CTC2 database, under the monitoring of District Data
Coordinator and reporting to the CTC in charge.
2. Producing, reviewing and sharing as per agreed schedule weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for various program areas such as HTS, index testing, enhanced PITC, PMTCT, Viral load and TB /HIV.
3. Routinely analyzing and producing lists of patients for follow up such as missing appointment, LTFU, Viral Load, etc.
4. Facilitating simple data analysis and interpretation at the facility level to encourage data use for planning and decision making at the facility level.
5. Communicating both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms with problems.
6. Monitoring various databases at the facility and communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database challenges.
7. Reconciling differences between different databases by runningqueries, reviewing appropriate form and correcting alldifferences.
8. Locating and review archived or filed forms if necessary.
9. Attending data staff meetings at the specified times.
10. Communicating both verbally and in writing suggestionsfor improvements to data entry or data flow tosupervisors.
11. Performing other data tasks asassigned.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Diploma in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or related field.
2. A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program, preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
3. Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
4. Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Swahili.
5. Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter,
a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and
telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it
appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health
facility that volunteers at.
Applications should be submitted by 15th December, 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail email@example.com.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the