Clinical Officer (3Post)
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s
Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society,community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Tabora Region Councils; Sikonge DC, Uyui DC,Urambo DC, Nzega DC, Kaliua DC, Igunga DC, Tabora MC together with Nkinga Hospital, Sikonge CDH and Kitete Regional Referral Hospitals invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts;
2. Job Title: Clinical Officer (3Post)
Location: Kaliua DC, Urambo DC
Reports to: Facility in-charge
The Clinical Officer (CO) is responsible for the day-to-day providing initial ART Clinical
care at the out post and referral to the facility HIV care and treatment services for
continuum. She/He will work with the Council Health Management Teams CHMTs,
MDH Program staffs, Health Facilities (HFs)/ and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the clinician including
2. Providing initial ART clinical care at the out post and referral to the facility HIV care and treatment services for continuum
3. Providing counselling related to preventivehealth
4. Providing consultation to HIV-positive clients on the community out post as requested
5. Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for Monitoring and evaluation within the outpost
6. Doing any other duty as assigned by the PDD/ MDH FCIfocal
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. A Minimum of degree certificate, Diploma/Advance Diploma or Certificate inMedicine registered/ licensedwith relevant professional board.
2. A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program ,preferably in a similar position will be highlyconsidered.
3. Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills
4. Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
5. Ability to identify and work with R/CHMTs and collaborators in the relevantfield will be an addedadvantage.
6. Highest level of integrity.
7. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
8. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentationskills.
9. Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter,
a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and
telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it
appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health
facility that volunteers at.
Applications should be submitted by 15th December, 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the